The Mail Server provides information regarding plug-ins (i.e BACnet, Greenscreen). If the plug-in fails for some reason, Sensorview will automatically trigger an e-mail to the mail server.
The mail server has to be manually set up via the "admin" section in Sensorview. It does not automatically set up during install.
• Mail Server – mail server host name (or possibly IP address)
• Mail Server Port – typically 25, or as identified by IT
• Username (on mail server) – if authentication required by mail server, enter user name
• Password (on mail server) – if authentication required, password will also be required
• Confirm password – password confirmation
The recipient of the e-mail is identified as the administrator in the "Users" tab.