A Gateway is shipped out with a default network password of "sensorswitch1234", and SensorView also installs with a default network password of "sensorswitch1234". These passwords must match in order for SensorView to have the ability to control the Gateway and all connected devices. If the passwords do not match, in SensorView the Gateway will show in red and have an error that reads "The gateway's password does not match SensorView."
To change the network password in SensorView, complete the following:
- Select "Admin" in the top left
- Under the "Setup" tab, select "Gateway Password"
- Type in new password and click "Save"
To change the network password on a Gateway 2:
- On the Gateway GFX, select the padlock on the top left corner.
- Put in password 1-2-3-4, hit enter.
- Go to "Gateway Setup", then "Set Network Password"
- Type in new password and select "Save"
To view the current network password on a Gateway 1:
- Go to "Menu" on the gateway, input pin code 1-2-3-4.
- Select Option 4, "Network"
- Scroll all the way to the bottom - the current Gateway password will be displayed under "[AES PASSWORD]"
To change the network password on a Gateway 1 (NOTE: If the Gateway V1 and SensorView Passwords do not match, these steps will not work):
- Connect computer to the LAN port on the Gateway, and load SensorView. Verify SensorView is seeing Gateway (shows in black under device tree).
- Change SensorView gateway password per the steps above ("To change the network password in SensorView", and this will automatically change the password on the Gateway.