A group cannot be toggled with a switch but a Chelsea AP switch can be programmed to appear to toggle a group.
To accomplish this you must use two groups and have a control relay, this relay may be a space or 1 of the active relays in the groups the important thing about this relay is that it is controlled by these 2 groups.
YOU SHOULD NOT TRY THIS WITH MORE THAN 1 BUTTON PER SWITCH
- Program the two groups on set for MOMENTARY ON the other set to MOMOMETARY OFF put the same relays in both groups and include the control relay in both groups.
Do the following steps:
2 Go to Bus Map and set the switch ID of the switch to 14 buttons (regardless of how many buttons the Chelsea has.)
3 Go to Program Switch select the switch enter SETUP
4 In SETUP change
- 7 ON= “Normal” to “Btns1-6 <- 9-14”
- 9-14 Disables 1-6: from “Y” to “N”
5 Exit back to SETUP and go program the buttons
- In this step program the ON group to the button you want to use for the group toggle buttons1-4, 6 (you can only group toggle 1 button per switch.)
- Program button 7 for On Mode with the control relay.
- Program the corresponding button 9-12, 14 with the off group.
6 If this switch has more than 1 button then the buttons that were not used for toggle need to be programmed the same on both the high side and he low side.
Group 1 set to ON; Group 2 set to OFF
Chelsea 1 Chelsea 3 Chelsea 6
Button 1 Group 1 ON Toggle
Button 2 Group 1 ON
Button 3 Off Blank
Button 4 OFF Button 5 Group1
Button 6 ON
Button 7 ON Control relay ON Control relay ON Control relay
Button 8 Blank Blank Blank
Button 9 Group 2 ON Toggle
Button 10 Group 2 ON
Button 11 Off Blank
Button 12 OFF